You just want a good night’s sleep.
You are exhausted. Drained. All you want is some sleep. Some alone time – even a couple minutes to enjoy a hot cup of coffee.
Sure your baby naps but exactly when? Or how long? It’s frustrating not knowing what you are going to get each day. Some days you barely even get naps!
And those nights when you need to desperately recharge? Kind of hard when your baby wakes up every 2-3 hours or even more.
You long for the days of better sleep…..like it used to be, a full night with no interruptions other than a quick pee break and right back to bed!
Guess what?!?! It doesn’t have to be like this…..
Babies CAN sleep well at night!
I know, I know sounds to good to believe right?
But really it is true. Babies need to learn the skills of sleep JUST as they need to learn any other skill like crawling or talking.
Some babies catch onto healthy sleep habits quick and others need more practice.
Just like breastfeeding, some babies latch on quick and become efficient feeders while for others it takes more practice.
Every baby is different. I am here to help you teach your baby the skill that will last a lifetime.
Sure it’ll take time to teach your baby the skill of sleep but you can do it.
And in the end…you will start to feel like yourself again and it’ll be SO worth it.
How I got here:
As a Registered Clinical Counsellor, with my Masters of Education in Counselling Psychology and my undergrad in Child and Youth Care, I GET IT….how exhausting having sleepless nights and long days can be! Chronic sleep deprivation can be emotionally and physically draining for the ENTIRE FAMILY.
My son was a terrible sleeper and by six months, I was going insane….I NEEDED MY SLEEP!
I reached out for some help but I was less than satisfied with my experience. I wanted to be able to pick up the phone and talk to a sleep expert about my struggles (this opportunity was not available to me). It really inspired me to be a support for parents struggling with their babies sleep issues.
So there you have it, when the opportunity came to become a trained and licensed sleep consultant I jumped at the chance. Thanks to Dana Obleman from the Sleep Sense Program, my trainer, my mentor and my friend, I have NEVER regretted my decision and reap the everyday rewards of changing exhausted families into rested and happy families.
Other than sleep what else is there?
Ok, obviously I LOVE sleep but I do have some other interests too!
- Love the great outdoors….like camping, hiking and biking with my family – check out my two adorable munchkins, the penguin isn’t mine, he belongs to a different family.
- BUT I only like the outdoors if it’s sunny and warm. Yes, I’m a fair-weather outdoor person-I’ll be the first to admit it.
- Love chocolate but not dark or white….milk all the way!
- Love the idea of doing a half marathon but not the training.
- Love turkey dinner but not the clean up.
- Love to crawl into bed at the end of the day with clean pj’s, clean sheets and watch tv! Shhhh tv in the bedroom is not the best sleep habit so DON’T tell your kids about it!